This article will walk you through setting up a VPN using OpenVPN on Linux.
- Install OpenVPN client ( Fedora/CentOS/RedHat: yum install openvpn ) or ( Ubuntu/Debian: apt-get install openvpn )
- Download the config file for the server you want to connect to from https://aliasvpn.com/servers.html
- Run openvpn and call the config file you want (eg) : openvpn --config ams01.aliasvpn.com.ovpn --verb 1 --client --auth-user-pass --dev tun --management localhost 7505 --management-query-passwords
- Telnet into localhost 7505
- Enter your VPN username and VPN password as such :
username "Auth" email@example.com
password "Auth" mypassword
You are now connected to the VPN.
Pro Tip : You can download all the OVPN config files in a zip file from the bottom of the server list.
« Back to Setup Guide